Shawn P. Hough focuses his practice on anti-corruption matters, white collar criminal defense, complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy litigation. He utilizes an efficient and measured approach to provide thoughtful analysis for each of his cases. Shawn works to tailor the best solutions for his clients’ needs.
Shawn is a contributor to BakerHostetler’s mid-year and year-end Cross-Border Government Investigations and Regulatory Enforcement Review, providing news and commentary on recent investigations and enforcement proceedings, trends and issues of interest.
Select Experience :
- Represents corporations and individuals in internal investigations and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other government entities relating to allegations of fraud and corruption.
- Advises corporations and financial institutions on compliance with anti-corruption laws and regulations, the FCPA and anti-bribery best practices.
- In connection with an internal investigation into fraudulent billing practices, served as ethics and compliance counsel to one of largest construction companies in New York City. Interviewed employees, drafted company policies and procedures, drafted a litigation budget, and advised on board composition and committee issues.
- Serves as FCPA counsel for one of the largest insurers in the United States. Interviews employees, provides advice related to improving the company’s anti-corruption/anti-bribery policies and procedures, drafts company policies and procedures, and advises on board committee composition and reporting issues.
- Represented the target of an SEC insider trading investigation. Guided the client through the SEC interview process and secured a “no action letter” for the client.
Memberships : American Bar Association: Litigation Section
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 2010, Business Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- B.A., University of Mary Washington, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$