Shehzad Hasan offers clients broad experience in a variety of litigation matters, including insurance, complex mass torts, and products liability. He also has significant experience handling matters related to toxic torts, tobacco, and securities litigation.
His experience includes mass tort cases that focus on asbestos, silica, and welding rod injury matters. In these matters, Shehzad coordinates all aspects of complex litigation, from including overall strategy and complicated discovery issues, to dispute resolution and negotiation of complex structured settlements.
- Representing a major insurance company in a variety of complex matters, including products liability and mass torts. The matters require management of thousands of claims in more than 40 states, in both state and federal courts.
- Represented an international technology manufacturer in a products liability putative class action involving a computer design defect.
- Represented a major property owner in an insurance coverage action involving a downtown Manhattan building damaged during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
- Represented a tobacco company in states’ actions for recoupment of healthcare costs associated with tobacco usage.
- Represented an academy award nominated documentary filmmaker in a pro bono intellectual property dispute.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- New York
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1994
- M.B.A., City University of New York, Baruch College, 1995
- B.A., Franklin & Marshall College, 19891114 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10036
Rate : $$$