Dr. Siegmar Pohl, with nearly two decades of experience, focuses his practice on cross-border M&A and technology transactions, including deals involving particularly complex or expansive intellectual property (IP) assets.
He represents U.S. clients with their domestic corporate and restructuring transactions, as well as investments and acquisitions in Germany and Europe.
Siegmar also counsels European and Asian clients in acquisitions, venture capital, and technology transactions in the U.S.
Frequently, his clients ask Siegmar to advise them on minimizing their liability risks when launching technology products and when entering the U.S. market. Siegmar regularly holds workshops and training sessions for foreign board members and managers, coaching them on their duties, liabilities, and corporate governance issues.
He is also a frequent speaker at international conferences and workshops. Prior to joining the firm, Siegmar was a partner in the San Francisco, California office of an international law firm. Previously, he worked as an associate with the same firm.
Siegmar is fluent in German.
- *Represented the German manufacturer of music production software and hardware in the acquisition of a U.S. content library specialized in recording top musicians.
- *Represented the French acquirer of a leading manufacturer of bottle caps for still and sparkling wines in California.
- *Represented San Francisco-based innovative industry leader in wireless network development throughout the Western U.S. in a complex private equity transaction.
- *Advised leading German manufacturer of household appliances on minimization of legal risks in connection with the launch of a new consumer product on the U.S. market.
- *Acted as U.S. counsel to a leading multinational manufacturer of solar technology equipment with group companies and operations in the U.S. in the negotiation and closing of a €100 million syndicated revolving credit facility.
- *Represented a leading German robotics technology company in its investment cooperation in innovative Silicon Valley cloud computing company.
*Represented a Chinese acquirer in the divestiture of sensor chips development and manufacturing assets in several European countries and U.S. states.
- *Represented a California-based oil company in the due diligence, bidding process, and negotiation of a $44 million stock sale and purchase agreement, the first sale in the company’s history.
- *Represented a well-known international tobacco company – with products sold in 120 countries – in an acquisition, joint venture and marketing agreement totaling $74.5 million with a San Francisco manufacturer of inhaling technology.
- *Represented a Silicon Valley online social network in corporate, commercial, and international IP law, as well as in venture capital financings.
- *Represented a large manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based audio production in the $50 million sale of a leading music-download site; ongoing advice on strategic acquisitions.
- University of Iowa College of Law, LL.M. (1996)
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Bonn, Germany, Ph.D., Law (2001) magna cum laude
- Universität Trier, Trier, Germany, J.D., Law and Politics (1994)
- University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom, Certificate in English Law (1991)
- California (2007)
- Germany (2000)
Rate : $$$