Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law and a LEED® Accredited Professional, Stacy Bercun Bohm represents developers, contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in complex construction contract, project administration, and litigation matters.
She is one of the first lawyers in Florida to achieve both Board Certification and LEED accreditation. Chambers USA states, “She understands the industry and brings that knowledge to negotiations.”
Stacy structures and negotiates complex commercial and residential construction contracts for design and construction of healthcare facilities, offices and campuses, shopping centers, supermarkets, warehouses, mixed-use high rise buildings, hotels and condominiums, golf courses, custom designed homes, stadiums and arenas, retail, houses of worship, cultural arts centers and facilities, airport projects, and senior living facilities.
With a litigation practice in both state and federal courts, she represents clients in construction disputes involving Chinese drywall, breach of contract, class actions, foreclosures, payments, bond claims, defects, and liens.
She frequently utilizes alternative dispute resolution proceedings, such as arbitration and mediation, and has served as an arbitrator in American Arbitration Association and State Court Non-Binding Arbitration proceedings resolving construction issues related to contracts, payments, and construction defects.
In addition to her ranking in Chambers USA, she is recognized by The Legal 500 and was named one of the Top Women in Commercial Real Estate by the Florida Real Estate Journal.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1994
- B.S., University of Florida, 1991
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Construction Law Committee, Legislative Sub-Committee, Member; Construction Law Committee, Past Vice Chair; Construction Board Certification Review Course, Past Member
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Legal Assistance Program, Past Chairperson
- Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section; Law Week Pro Bono Project, Past Chairman
- Dade County Bar Association, Construction Law Committee, Past Member; Civil Litigation Committee, Past Member; and Banking and Corporate Litigation Law Committee, Past Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Fall Fundraiser Silent Auction Committee, Past Committee Chairperson; Sponsorship Committee, Past Member
- Lawyers for Children America, Volunteer Attorney Ad-Litem
- Put Something Back and Miami-Dade Consumer Services Department Small Claims Clinic, Volunteer Attorney
- The Women’s Fund, Raise the Bar Host Committee, Past Member
Rate : $$$