Stephen M. Boone Jr. represents public and private companies and investment funds, including developers, exploration and production companies, private equity funds, purchasers and sellers. Stephen advises on all aspects of upstream and midstream transactions and agreements related to the ownership and development of oil and gas properties, including:
- Seismic agreements
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Contracts for drilling and other oilfield service agreements.
- Joint ventures
- Participation agreements
- Operating agreements
Stephen’s recent work has focused on upstream oil and gas development; acquisition and disposition work; its intersection with midstream development; and other obligations, such as acreage dedications and processing obligations.
- Practice focuses on energy and oil and gas matters.
- Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Acted for a publicly traded oil and gas company in various mineral interest acquisitions.
- Counseled Diamondback Energy, Inc. in a $2.43 billion acquisition of Delaware Basin assets from Brigham Resources Operating, LLC and Brigham Resources Midstream, LLC, resulting in a very large upgrade to Diamondback’s asset base. The transaction closed successfully in a short period of time.
- Assisted Sanchez Energy Corporation with the restructuring of a midstream gas joint venture with Targa Resources, comprising the inclusion of a new processing plant and the dedication of substantial upstream acreage, resulting in long-term financial benefits. His work involved helping parties understand the impact of the potential transaction with regard to upstream oil and gas assets and the obligations to third-party working interest owners, including consulting with all interest owners and negotiating toward a closing.
- Represented Sanchez Energy Corporation in a joint development agreement with Blackstone Group LP in connection with a $2.3 billion acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
- Assisted a large, publicly traded midstream master limited partnership (MLP) in negotiating a joint venture transaction.
- Advised a publicly traded midstream MLP with operational matters.
- Represented a private equity company in connection with the acquisition of operated upstream properties.
- “The Anatomy of Oil & Gas Purchase and Sale Agreements,” Akin Gump Houston’s Deal Maker’s Boot Camp, November 29, 2018.
- Member, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section, Houston Bar Association.
- Recognized as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2017-2019).
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, cum laude, 2010
- B.B.A., Saint Edward’s University, summa cum laude, 2006
Rate : $$$