Steven R. Klar is a Partner in the Firm’s Private Funds Practice. Steven focuses on the formation and operation of private equity funds, including buyout funds, real estate opportunity and real estate debt funds, secondary funds, co-investment funds, “funds-of-one” and managed accounts.
Steven regularly represents some of the largest and most well-known private fund sponsors, including Blackstone, Centerbridge, Lexington Partners and EQT. In addition, Steven has recently represented various sponsors in connection with structured secondary transactions and other ongoing advisory matters.
Some keynote representations have included:
- Blackstone in a number of fundraisings, including the establishment of Blackstone Capital Partners VII at $18 billion, Blackstone Real Estate Partners Asia II L.P. at $7.1 billion and Blackstone Capital Partners Asia at $2.3 billion and various co-investment vehicles and other separate accounts
- Centerbridge in a number of fundraisings, including the establishment of Centerbridge Capital Partners III, L.P. at $6 billion and various co-investment vehicles
- Lexington Partners in a number of fundraisings, including the establishment of the Lexington Capital Partners VIII program at over $10 billion, one of the largest secondary funds ever formed
- Several private equity sponsors in connection with structured secondary transactions which took the form of asset sales, restructurings and tender offers
- EQT in connection with the formation and raising of EQT’s flagship private equity fund, EQT VIII, which raised €10.75 billion
Steven received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 2009 and his B.S. from Yeshiva University, Sy Syms School of Business in 2003. He is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey. Steven is also a Certified Public Accountant in New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2009 J.D.
- magna cum laude; Law Review; Milton Young Tax Award
- Yeshiva University, Sy Syms School of Business, 2003 B.S.
- Certified Public Accountant
- New York 2009
- New Jersey 2009
Rate : $$$$