Suneel (Neel) Gupta is a litigation associate in the Firm’s Transportation and Product Liability Groups. Neel represents businesses and individuals in various types of liability defense and litigation, including trucking/transportation, products liability, premises liability, general property and casualty liability, autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles, and insurance litigation.
In addition, Neel has represented clients in the burgeoning Georgia film industry in matters involving personal injury and set incidents. Neel handles matters in all phases of the litigation process, including advising clients on litigation avoidance, pre-suit liability and/or coverage analysis, handling matters in active litigation, mediation and settlement, trial and appeals.
Unusual for a defense attorney, Neel has also represented certain plaintiffs in personal injury litigation all the way through trial, with one matter resulting in a seven-figure verdict. This unique experience sets Neel apart from other defense attorneys.
Neel strongly believes that obtaining the best outcome for his client in any case requires flexibility, strategic analysis and creativity. In every case, Neel’s primary focus is to obtain the best possible result for his client at the outset of the retention. He does this by examining each issue or case critically and then presents the client with an in-depth analysis of available options to aid the client in making the right decision.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Rhodes College, B.A., 2001
- Georgia – all state and federal courts
- Tennessee – all state and federal courts
- Florida – state courts
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Trucking & Transportation
- Handled defense/investigation of hundreds of transportation cases of all types involving numerous types of commercial vehicles, including tractor-trailers, box/straight trucks, ambulances, nonemergency medical transport vehicles and commercial vehicles.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for motor carriers in suits involving serious injuries, alleged failure to properly maintain carrier’s commercial vehicles and multiple alleged violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs).
- Obtained favorable settlements for an ambulance company involving ambulance accidents and allegations of medical malpractice.
- Represented plaintiff in a personal injury matter where texting driver rear-ended client, resulting in permanent partial vision loss, jury verdict of $1.5 million.
- Product Liability & Food Safety Cases
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court for large automaker involving a rollover accident resulting in paraplegia that was upheld by the Eleventh Circuit.
- Reached settlement for a nominal amount for tire manufacturer in a case where plaintiffs’ vehicle overturned in Mexico, resulting in the fatality of one passenger and another passenger fracturing her spine. The lawsuit was filed in Georgia.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest food service companies in a wrongful death case involving tainted seafood, and resolved the case for a de minimis amount.
- Currently representing multinational automotive component manufacturer in an asbestos matter.
- Premises Liability
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court in favor of facilities maintenance company at a hospital in alleged slip-and-fall case with more than $400,000 in claimed medical expenses (including traumatic brain injury) and lost wages.
- Defending nationwide owner of apartment complexes in high-damages cases involving horrific criminal conduct.
- Health Care
- Trying the case first-chair in a four-day trial, obtained a defense verdict for a national emergency care company in a case where child patient was burned while first responders attempted to stop her from seizing.
- Represented national emergency care company and advantageously settled an ambulance accident case with claimed medical expenses of almost $1 million for less than the claimed medical expenses.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member and Former Board Member – Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association
- Named a Georgia Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2018
- Member and Former Vice President – Inman Park Neighborhood Association
Rate : $$$