Sung Pak, Chair of O’Melveny’s Corporate Finance Group, handles leveraged finance matters, focusing on acquisition financings for corporations and private equity sponsors, as well as restructurings and investments in distressed companies.
He represents a number of private equity sponsors, investment funds and corporations in capital-raising transactions, including syndicated loan facilities, high yield bond issuances, public equity offerings, private placements and mezzanine financings. Sung has significant experience in cross-border financing transactions.
Sung represents investors and issuers in connection with debt restructurings and distress-to-own debt investments. He has significant experience with exchange offers and other out-of-court restructurings, as well as debtor-in-possession financings and exit financings.
- Represented a consortium of private equity sponsors in connection with the bank financing for the leveraged buyout of a leading car rental company, at the time the third largest US LBO ever.
- Represented a major private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition of a US$6 billion dollar debt portfolio at a discount from a leading commercial bank, utilizing a complex hybrid structure involving a total return swap and a CLO-type vehicle.
- Regularly represents a major distressed debt fund in connection with investments in high yield bonds and Term B loans of distressed issuers.
- New York
- Harvard University, J.D., 1997: cum laude
- Stanford University, A.B., History, 1994: with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$