Suzanna Bonham is a partner and the chair of the Litigation Department for the Houston office. She is an experienced litigator and trusted advisor to her clients. Whether it is giving guidance to fight or to settle, or how to structure an agreement, she takes the time to know, understand, and give voice to her clients’ needs and hopes.
Ms. Bonham focuses her practice primarily on commercial litigation – handling litigation in the areas of energy/oil and gas, healthcare, transportation, construction and real estate. In addition to these areas, Ms. Bonham also has significant experience handling matters involving employment issues (including non-compete and trade secret), personal injury (including environmental and asbestos exposure), commercial class actions, and product liability.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law (1999)
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin
- Represented shareholders in breach of share purchase agreements involving multi-million dollar deferred purchase payments and earn-outs from sale of oil and gas service related companies. Settled on very favorable terms.
- Represented electric power provider in connection with claims against buyer and parent company arising out of sale of power and loans. Settled on favorable terms with parent company securing payment.
- Represented originator of a concept in suit involving trade secret and confidentiality agreements against soft drink company and parking company. Settled on favorable terms.
- Energy/Oil & Gas Litigation
- Defended manufacturer of oil rigs in personal injury case involving claims of exposure to asbestos. Obtained dismissal of claims through summary judgment.
- Defended pipe threading company in personal injury case, in which over 700 plaintiffs claim exposure to NORM/TERM as a result of cleaning oil field pipe.
- Defended natural gas processing plant in personal injury case brought by plaintiffs as a result of a flash fire explosion. Settled favorably immediately prior to trial.
- Defended employers against energy traders arising out of employment agreements regarding wrongful termination, defamation and failure to pay.
- Defended employer with respect to false imprisonment and personal injury claims by former employees. Settled on favorable terms prior to initiation of suit.
- Represented former employer in breach of non-compete agreement. Settled on favorable terms.
- Represented executive against employer arising out of employment agreement and failure to pay. Settled on favorable terms.
Rate : $$$$