Tara Ravi advises on healthcare transactional, regulatory and enforcement matters, with a special emphasis on healthcare private equity, for-profit healthcare and finance transactions. She regularly represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, investment banks and alternative lenders in the healthcare industry.
Tara has served as lead regulatory counsel in notably large healthcare private equity and finance transactions, and has deep experience advising health care investors on the regulatory risks in potential investments, negotiating transactional documents to minimize high-risk regulatory concerns and structuring healthcare management arrangements.
In addition, Tara provides day-to-day healthcare regulatory counseling to portfolio companies, including resolving post-closing compliance obligations, developing and implementing compliance programs, and managing compliance and reimbursement through multi-state growth.
- Lead regulatory counsel for a San Francisco-based private equity firm in a $950 million joint-venture acquisition of a human services and integrated care technology provider.
- Lead regulatory counsel in the $2.2 billion sale of a publicly traded healthcare services company to a large private equity company.
- Lead regulatory counsel on team that represented a multinational investment bank as lead arrangers for the financing of a large private equity firm’s $950 million acquisition and merger of the largest pediatric home healthcare company in the country.
- Lead regulatory counsel on team that represented a publicly-traded healthcare services provider in the $400 million acquisition of an in-home health assessment and care management services portfolio company of a large healthcare private equity firm.
- Lead regulatory counsel in the acquisition of dental management company, and in the acquisition and sale of one of the largest providers of travel nursing staffing services in the country by a Chicago-based healthcare private equity firm.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
Community : Junior League of Atlanta: Sponsorship Chair (2016 to 2017)
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Emory University, 2004; nationally ranked collegiate tennis player
Admissions : Georgia, Florida
Rate : $$$$