Teresa M. Goody has a broad-based securities and corporate practice that includes SEC investigations, securities litigation, assistance interacting with regulators and the government, and general securities and corporate advice.
Her practice reflects years of experience in corporate governance, regulatory compliance and disclosure, crises management, strategic international business, and anti-corruption and fraud examination. She has wide-ranging experience as a litigator, federal government regulator, business adviser, compliance facilitator, chief executive and operating officer, and board director.
She often acts as outside general counsel to emerging and established companies, guiding them on legal and strategic business matters, and helping companies raise capital, often with exempt offerings under Regulations D, A+ and CF. Teresa’s experience includes issues associated with blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Clients often call on her combined business and legal background, along with her astute judgment and solutions-oriented, pragmatic approach. A recognized authority on corporate governance and regulatory compliance affairs, Teresa has appeared on CNBC, Fox Business Channel and Bloomberg.
She is called upon to serve as an expert in court cases on corporate governance and fiduciary duties, and lectures at Georgetown McDonough School of Business on corporate governance, mitigating corporate risk and entrepreneurship. Teresa has also published articles in leading professional and academic journals and texts on corporate governance, and regulatory and compliance issues.
- Conducts independent and internal investigations for senior executives and boards of directors, which includes assessing and making recommendations relating to risk management, legal and regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
- Conducted review of a large medical association regarding allegations of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in Saudi Arabia.
- Represents companies investigated by the SEC and third parties who have information requested by the SEC relevant to investigations.
- Represented whistleblowers before the SEC and state securities regulators, as well as in state and federal court related proceedings.
- Counseled senior executives engaged in corporate restructuring and acquisition activities regarding securities compliance and governance integration.
- Advised a global development institution regarding legal and ethical implications of proposed governance actions.
- Represented companies regarding mergers, reverse mergers and acquisitions, particularly in obtaining temporary exemptions from Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal controls.
- Played a leading role in conducting a study on the SEC’s enforcement program and developed recommendations for the SEC and the defense bar to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SEC Division of Enforcement in enforcing federal securities laws.
- Represented issuers through Regulation CF (crowdfunding) offering on registered platforms.
- Advises clients with digital assets on compliance with evolving SEC/FTC/FINCEN/CFTC/IRS issues on cryptocurrencies and security token offerings, and works with blockchain technology industry leaders.
Rate : $$$$