Thomas Principe’s background is as a defense attorney. In that capacity he squared off more than once against fellow partner Tom Moore who recruited him to become a KDLM partner in April 1989.
Today, his experience and perspective serve KDLM’s clients well as he conducts examinations before trial. Those depositions and discovery illuminate the defense’s claims and likely strategy. He is painstakingly thorough in his approach, sifting through and examining medical records and transcriptions for information to aid in client defense.
Tom Principe has been admitted to the bar in New York, Florida, the District of Columbia U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Military Appeals.
He is a former Assistant District Attorney, Queens County, NY (1974-1979), rising to the position of Deputy Bureau Chief of the Supreme Court Trial Bureau (1978-1979). He has served on the Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary, City of New York, since 2014.
He has also served as a member of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for Queens County and the Judiciary Committee of the Queens County Bar Association.
His many professional memberships include the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Florida Bar, the District of Columbia Bar Association, Columbian Lawyer’s Association of Queens County, Catholic Lawyer’s Guild of Queens County, and the Board of Directors of the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association, of which he is also a Past President.
Principe frequently lectures on continuing legal education topics in medical malpractice and trial practice for St. John’s University School of Law, the Marino Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Queens County Bar Association.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York, J.D.
- University of Virginia, M.A.
- St. John’s University, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for Queens County, Member
- Judiciary Committee of the Queens County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Columbian Lawyer’s Association of Queens County, President Elect
- St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Soldier’s and Sailor’s Monument Association, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$