Clients look to Timothy P. Callahan for his significant project finance and development experience. He is a leading advisor to owners, developers, sponsors, lenders, manufacturers and contractors in all facets of the development, financing, acquisition and disposition of energy and other infrastructure facilities.
His comprehensive projects experience includes advising clients in connection with renewable energy facilities, gas and coal fired power plants, and gas and water pipelines. Tim has closed deals in connection with more than 100 renewable energy projects, representing both lenders and sponsors in complex financings of wind farms, solar plants, and other renewable facilitates.
In addition to his energy practice, Tim counsels clients in a variety of public-private partnerships, including water and wastewater facilitates, municipal facilities, convention centers, and stadiums.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Tim served as the global chair of the Wind Energy Practice at another Am Law 100 law firm. He frequently speaks and writes on alternative energy.
- Project financings, including equipment, construction, permanent, acquisition and tax-equity financings;
- Joint venture, equity and partnership arrangements, including co-development and joint development agreements;
- Power purchase agreements and other off-take arrangements, fuel supply and feedstock agreements, and tolling agreements; and
- Other project documents, such as electric interconnection and transmission service agreements, real estate leases/easements, and licenses.
- Advise clients in the structuring and negotiation of outsourcing transactions relevant to the provision of electricity, steam, water, wastewater and other utility services, including energy management outsourcing arrangements.
- Advises on Production Tax Credits, Investment Tax Credits, and Renewable Portfolio Standards and related programs.
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1988
- University of Michigan, BA, High Distinction, 1985
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Ecotech Institute Advisory Board
- Member, Law360 Energy Editorial Advisory Board, 2011-2012
- Past President and Board Chairman, Hinsdale Central Football Club
Rate : $$$