Todd M. Church represents hospitality and retail clients, insurance companies, manufacturers, small businesses and other employers in a wide range of labor and employment matters.
He regularly practices in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations. Todd has particular experience with:
- Unfair competition, restrictive covenant and trade secret matters
- Wage and hour counseling
- Employment discrimination litigation
Notably, Todd was a member of the Littler trial team that won a multimillion dollar verdict in Minnesota state court after a one week jury trial in 2015, one of the largest verdicts ever awarded in a restrictive covenant matter in that state.
Todd also spearheaded the successful summary judgment briefing for a chain of discount stores in a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemption lawsuit, which judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Before re-joining Littler, Todd was the associate general counsel in employment law for a national restaurant and hospitality company where he handled issues ranging from day-to-day human resources counseling and managing litigation to labor relations and collective bargaining.
Todd previously worked in the labor and employment department of a law firm in Chicago handling Title VII and FLSA matters as well as general commercial litigation. He also served as a law clerk to the Hon. William J. Bauer on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Prior to moving to Chicago for his clerkship, he practiced at a firm in Boston where he was a member of the litigation department and primarily worked on government investigations and white collar crime matters.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$