Todd W. Eckland, co-leader of Pillsbury’s securities team, represents investment banks and public and private companies in capital markets transactions. Todd has guided clients through more than 250 successful public offerings of debt, equity and hybrid securities in his more than 30 years of practice.
He has also handled many private placements and strategic investments, with a concentration in the technology, life sciences and energy industries. Todd also regularly advises clients on corporate governance matters, including the adoption of policies and strategies to meet the rapidly changing regulatory landscape in this area.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advises underwriters and initial purchasers of billions of dollars on public offerings of debt, equity and hybrid securities on behalf of energy companies, including recently Great Plains Energy and Spire (formerly Laclede) and their utility affiliates.
- Counsels Textron, a multi-industry company, on its public offerings, including its combined offering of $650 million of convertible senior notes and $250 million of common stock, as well as its €300 million offering of Eurobonds listed on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Advises Midwest Fertilizer Co. on its development efforts to secure permanent financing for the construction of an approximately $2.8 billion fertilizer project in southwestern Indiana.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1986
- B.S., University of Minnesota, 1983
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$