Trevor J. Quist is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Trevor’s practice encompasses high-stakes patent litigation, IP transaction counseling, and patent portfolio development. Mr. Quist has experience in all phases of patent litigation, including pre-filing investigations, invalidity/infringement contentions, claim construction, fact/expert discovery, depositions, motion practice, settlement negotiations and trial.
In addition to patent litigation in the federal courts, he is active in the firm’s USPTO post-grant practice and regularly participates in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the Patent Trial & Appeal Board. Further, Mr. Quist has extensive experience conducting IP due diligence investigations, negotiating IP agreements, and counseling clients in connection with potential transactions. Mr. Quist also regularly provides patent strategy and prosecution counseling.
With three engineering degrees (electrical, biomedical, and mechanical), Mr. Quist’s experience in complex patent matters has naturally encompassed a broad range of technology. His experience extends to computer software and hardware, telecommunications, mobile devices, automotive tools, wearable tech, sporting equipment, and medical devices, among other technologies. In particular,
- Mr. Quist’s software experience encompasses automated 2D-to-3D image conversion, virtual and augmented reality, spherical image stitching and computer vision, data encryption, two-factor authentication, financial services and data analytics;
- his telecommunications experience encompasses 2G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE), 3G (WCDMA), and 4G (LTE) wireless standards, USB and SCSI wired interface protocols, transceiver architecture and circuitry, satellite constellations and other high altitude wireless networking systems, as well as emergency safety communication applications;
- his automotive experience encompasses autonomous vehicle sensing, electric vehicle charge optimization and lurch control, interior design elements and security, and driver visibility and awareness technologies;
- his wearable tech and sporting equipment experience encompasses ultrasonic headphones, biometric apparel, exercise equipment, and golfing gear; and
- his medical device experience encompasses LVAD heart assist devices, IVUS imaging devices, CPAP apparatus, and diagnostics tools.
Mr. Quist’s litigation and counseling aptitude is further enhanced by his prior experience as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Judge David Sam at the United States District Court for the District of Utah.
Finally, Mr. Quist is dedicated to pro-bono service and has represented several clients at asylum hearings, guardianship hearings, and in various other proceedings. In 2017, he received two awards in recognition of his pro-bono service. These awards included the Wiley W. Manuel Award from the State Bar of California and the Inn of Court Pro Bono Publico Award from the Casa Cornelia Law Center in San Diego.
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 2014
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Washington University, 2014
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Washington University, 2014
- B.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah, 2010
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$