Valerie B. Greenberg is an experienced commercial litigator representing clients in complex litigation matters, class actions, consumer protection and privacy cases, complex insurance litigation, and construction defect and product liability litigation.
Her clients include automobile manufacturers, professional sports teams and players associations, airlines, insurance companies, home builders, finance institutions, retail stores, restaurants, and other national and local companies.
Valerie defends and prosecutes complex commercial lawsuits in state and federal courts, including in multi-district litigation. She defends property and casualty insurers in class action lawsuits nationwide, involving claims by Medicare organizations for reimbursement of payments; and in Florida, arising under the Florida No-Fault (“PIP”) Statute and other statutory and contractual provisions governing premiums, use of “aftermarket” parts, coverage disclosures to insureds, and other industry issues.
She also has significant experience coordinating the litigation of hundreds of state, federal and out-of-court claims regarding allegedly defective building materials. Prior to her legal career, Valerie was a newspaper reporter and editor at The Miami Herald and The Miami Review.
Her work as a reporter was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. She combined her writing skills and legal expertise to serve as chairperson of the Florida Bar Journal committee and also as a contributing writer to West Publication’s Florida treatise on civil procedure.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1994, cum laude, Order of the Coif; Advanced Moot Court Competition Winner; Inter-American Law Review, Associate Editor; Omnicron Delta Kappa; Alpha Epsilon Lambda
- B.S., Florida International University, Print Journalism, 1987
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Class Action Committee, Chair
- The Florida Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Insurance Council, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Counsel for Asylum Applicants
- Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
Rate : $$$$