Vicki O. Tucker’s practice focuses on mortgage- and asset-backed securities and structured financings, and most recently on secondary market transactions involving residential mortgage loans and mortgage servicing rights.
Vicki is chair of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section. She has served as chair, co-chair and/or moderator of numerous Section CLE programs on securitizations and structured financings, as well as law firm and legal department diversity matters.
She has also co-authored, contributed to and been the editor of numerous comment letters on behalf of the ABA Business Law Section’s Securitization and Structured Finance Committee filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in connection with proposed regulations impacting securitizations and structured financings.
Vicki has also presented numerous CLE programs for firm CLE Series on representing trustees, master servicer and securities administrators, implementing Regulation AB, Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and practical problems under Revised Article 9.
- Representation of commercial banks and mortgage companies in connection with sales of pools of residential mortgage loans and mortgage servicing rights in the secondary market.
- Negotiation of servicing and subservicing arrangements for residential and small-balance commercial mortgage loan portfolios
- Advise and counsel regarding legislation and regulation impacting securitizations and structured financings, including the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act and related regulations, Regulation AB and the FDIC securitization safe harbor.
- Representation of Ginnie Mae in connection with its Multiclass Securities Program.
- Representation of commercial banks in connection with credit facilities backed by servicer advance receivables and the origination of commercial mortgage loans for securitization and other secured, unsecured and asset-based commercial loans.
- Designed and assisted in the implementation of a commercial mortgage loan conduit securitization program for a major US investment bank, including preparation of mortgage loan origination manual for third-party loan originators.
- Represented government agencies and private sellers of pools of non-performing commercial loans and REO properties.
- Represented seller/lessors and equity investors in major project and equipment finance transactions.
- JD, West Virginia University College of Law, Order of the Coif; Co-Managing Editor, West Virginia Law Review, 1980
- BS, West Virginia University, cum laude, 1977
- US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Member, American Bar Association; Chair, Business Law Section; Chair-Elect and Chief of Diversity and Inclusion, Business Law Section, 2017-2018;Vice Chair, Business Law Section, 2016-2017; Secretary, Business Law Section, 2015-2016; Chair, Council Committee on Committees, Business Law Section, 2012-1015; Member of Council, Business Law Section, 2011-2015; Chair, Committee on Securitization and Structured Finance, Business Law Section, 2008-2011; Liaison, ABA Commission on Women in the Profession, Business Law Section, 2006-2009; Co-Chair, Women’s Business Law Network Subcommittee of Committee on Diversity, Business Law Section, 2003-2006
- Fellow, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$