Victor Kovner represents national and regional broadcast and print media clients in all aspects of communications law, in addition to his work in intellectual property and commercial litigation. He advises clients in cases of alleged defamation, privacy, copyright, press access, and reporter’s privilege and other First Amendment issues.
Victor has represented a wide range of clients in the media and the arts, including newspapers, magazines, book publishers, motion picture companies, documentary film producers, museums, and billboard companies.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board Member and Former Chair, The Fund for Modern Courts, 1975-present
- Board Member and Former Chair, Legal Affairs Committee, Association of Magazine Media, 2004-present
- Former Chair, Committee on the Judiciary and the Committee on Communications and Media Law, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Founder, Lankenau Kovner & Outten, which merged with Davis Wright Tremaine in 1998
- Member and Former Chair, New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct, 1976-1990
- Corporation Counsel of the City of New York, 1990-1991
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1961
- B.A., Yale University, 1958
Rate : $$$