Wade M. Kennedy is the head of the firm’s asset based lending group. He focuses his practice on representing lead financial institutions in complex syndicated credits to asset based and leveraged borrowers.
He has significant experience documenting asset based credit facilities in the context of sponsor-driven acquisitions, unitranche facilities and working capital, high yield/term debt and first lien/second lien transactions.
In addition, his practice encompasses representing national financial institutions in single and multicurrency credit facilities, cross-border financings and other leveraged finance and cash flow transactions.
Wade is also a co-coordinator and instructor for the Banking and Finance department’s Associate Training Program. He is a regular presenter at various firm and client educational programs, including, most recently, “Current Developments in First Lien/Second Lien Intercreditor Agreements” and “Bankruptcy and Restructuring Issues in Asset Based Credit Facilities and Intercreditor Arrangements”.
Wade also provides pro bono representation of various educational and environmental organizations in formation and financing matters and application for tax-exempt status.
- Represented Bank of America, N.A., as agent, in a syndicated $1 billion asset based credit facility to a national book and electronics retailer.
- Represented Bank of America, N.A., as agent, in a syndicated $400 million asset based credit facility in connection with a sponsor acquisition of a national financial services company.
- Represented Bank of America, as agent, in a syndicated $125 million asset based credit facility in connection with a sponsor acquisition of a national plastic container company.
- Represented Wells Fargo Capital Finance in a syndicated $250 million asset based credit facility to a national paper company.
- Represented BMO Harris Bank N.A., as agent, in a $165 million asset based credit facility to a national private label food producer.
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1989
- St. Lawrence University, BA, cum laude, 1986
Admissions : Illinois, North Carolina
- Board Member; Chair, Development Committee, Commercial Finance Association Education Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
Rate : $$$