William A. Hector is counsel in Venable’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. He focuses his practice on complex patent litigation, patent prosecution, intellectual property licensing, and trademark prosecution.
Bill’s experience spans all phases of patent litigation, including pre-trial diligence, motion practice, discovery, claim construction, and trial. Bill has litigated patents related to a diverse set of technologies, including telecommunications, networking hardware, business methods, and internet advertising.
Bill has substantial experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the software, electrical, and mechanical arts. He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and various foreign patent offices.
Prior to his legal career, Bill worked as an aircraft engineer, designing small carbon composite propellers and jet aircraft.
- As third-chair trial counsel, won jury trial verdict including willful infringement for NobelBiz in its patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas against Global Connect, LLC and TCN, Inc. relating to NobelBiz’s LocalTouch® technology.
- Serves as litigation counsel for computer network test equipment manufacturer.
- Serves as litigation counsel for consumer products company.
- J.D. Fordham University School of Law 2009
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering University of California at Berkeley 2002
Bar Admissions : New York, California, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$