Yoon Chae is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Dallas office, where he advises on Intellectual Property matters, with a focus on patent litigation. He has experience in various forums, including the Federal Circuit, International Trade Commission, Court of Federal Claims, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, American Arbitration Association’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution, and numerous federal district courts.
Yoon regularly writes and talks about patent law and its interplay with emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and autonomous vehicles. He also served as the Firm’s first Fellow at the World Economic Forum’s Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in San Francisco in 2017-2018, where he researched legal and ethical implications of AI and other cutting-edge technologies.
He recently received the Firm’s 2018 Excellence in Innovation award and was selected as an Innovation Champion for the Dallas office. He is also a member of the Dallas office’s Recruiting Committee and an active contributor to the Firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts. He first joined the Firm as a summer associate (Dallas) and an international clerk (Hong Kong) in 2011.
Yoon represents plaintiffs and defendants on all stages of patent litigation, often as lead associate, with substantial experience on claim construction, infringement, invalidity, damages, injunctions, antitrust, and venue, among others, involving a variety of technologies, such as electronic circuits, advanced software and business methods, financial products, projection and display technology, smart cards, consumer products, and communication systems. His practice also includes patent prosecution and other types of intellectual property litigation.
- University of Texas at Austin (Certificate Business Foundations Program) (2015)
- Stanford University (Professional Certificate Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies) (2014)
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D.) (2012)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S. Electrical Engineering) (2009)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2017)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Honorable Barbara M. G. Lynn American Inn of Court – Associate
- American Bar Association – Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Committee
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association – Diversity Committee
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity – Law School Mentor
Rate : $$$