J. Alden Millard is a Partner in the Corporate Department of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and a member of the Executive Committee. Alden regularly represents leading leverage buyout sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a variety of financings, including acquisition financings, recapitalizations and refinancings.
Alden’s primary clients are The Blackstone Group and First Reserve Corporation and their respective portfolio companies. Alden has also performed significant work for several other leading LBO sponsors, including New Mountain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners. In addition, Alden has represented various public and privately held corporations in connection with acquisition financings.
Alden’s recent experience includes representation of:
- The Blackstone Group and Hilton Worldwide Holdings in connection with a comprehensive refinancing, including $8.6 billion of senior secured bank facilities
- First Reserve and Crestwood Midstream Partners LP in a series of financings for the acquisitions of Quicksilver Gas Services and Arrow Midstream Holdings and for the merger of Crestwood and Inergy Midstream, L.P.
- The Blackstone Group and its portfolio company, Polymer Group, Inc., in bridge and bank financings for the acquisitions of Fiberweb plc and of a controlling interest in Companhia Providência Indústria e Comércio
- Blackstone and Equity Office Properties in connection with a refinancing of CMBS and other debt with a $3.5 billion senior bank facility
- First Reserve in multiple acquisition financing transactions, including for the acquisitions of AFGobal Corporation, Dixie Electric, TNT Crane & Rigging and Saxon Energy Services and financings for First Reserve’s investments in First ECA Midstream and Glencore Xstrata
- Blackstone and its portfolio companies in the financings for multiple acquisitions and refinancings, including those for AlliedBarton Security Services, Apria Healthcare, Catalent Pharma Solutions, GCA Services Group, Performance Food Group, Pinnacle Foods, RGIS, SeaWorld Entertainment, Summit Materials, Travelport and Vivint
Alden joined Simpson Thacher in 1996. Alden received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1996 and his A.B., cum laude, from Harvard University in 1991. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 1996 J.D.
- Harvard University, 1991 A.B.
- cum laude
Admissions : New York 2000
Rate : $$$