Alfred M. Randolph Jr. is the Vice President for Associate Recruitment at Kaufman & Canoles. He is a member of the Lender Representation and Mergers, Acquisitions & Strategic Alliances Practice Groups.
Ran’s practice includes general business law, lender representation, corporate and commercial transactions and intellectual property law. In his commercial law practice, Ran serves as general counsel to a number of local and regional companies, from restaurants to distributors.
Ran also has a great deal of experience representing lenders and investors such as banks, mezzanine lenders and venture capital firms who provide capital in the form of both equity and debt. He has a reputation among lenders as being creative in helping them close deals that are complex and difficult.
Because of his experience in lender representation, Ran is often called upon to represent borrowers. His familiarity with the needs and expectations of lenders helps him provide more cost-effective and quicker service to borrowers.
Ran’s practice extends into the area of intellectual property law where he helps companies protect their trademarks.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; B.A., 1984
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1987
- ACCESS College Foundation, Chair-Elect; Board of Directors
- Virginia Bar Association; Board of Governors, 2011-2014
- Virginia Beach Vision; Board Member, Executive Committee, 2004-2007
- Norfolk Academy Board of Trustees
- Beach Leadership Council
- Represented lender in financing ESOP transaction for regional travel and cruise business
- Represented lender in restructuring loans to multi-unit hotel developer and operator as part of workout
- Represented financial institution in securing CPP funds in exchange for preferred stock from U.S. Treasury as part of TARP
- Represented regional distributor in sale of equity interest to private equity firm
Rate : $$$