Andrew W. Hahn focuses his practice on high-stakes insurance coverage and commercial disputes. He has represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individuals in litigation before state and federal courts and before arbitration tribunals.
Mr. Hahn assists sophisticated policyholders in maximizing recoveries under their insurance programs, including under general liability policies, directors and officers policies, and fidelity bonds. He has substantial experience with claims reaching hundreds of millions of dollars, and with diverse types of liability or loss, including mass tort/bodily injury, product liability, and crime loss.
In his commercial litigation practice, Mr. Hahn helps clients solve their complex business disputes, including in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder, and securities matters. He also advises clients on litigation risks in connection with business acquisitions. He maintains an active pro bono practice focusing on representing individuals in need of legal aid in the New York City area.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2013
- Indiana University, B.A., 2010
Judicial Clerkship :
- Hon. Susan L. Carney, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2015 – 2016
- Hon. Thomas A. Varlan, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2014 – 2015
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Representation of professional sports league in insurance coverage litigation concerning concussion-related claims.
- Representation of Fortune 500 energy company in recovering under insurance policies for product-liability claims.
- Representation of former directors and officers of major commercial retailer in obtaining D&O coverage for defense of fiduciary-duty claims.
- Representation of French media company in litigation to enjoin arbitration of dispute regarding cable television technology standards.
- Representation of South American petrochemical company in mediation and settlement of 10b-5 securities class action concerning allegations of corruption.
Pro Bono :
- Representation of asylum seeker in petition for a writ of habeas corpus in SDNY concerning unduly prolonged immigration detention.
- Member of Covington team honored by The Bronx Defenders with 2018 Collaborator In Pursuit of Justice Award for habeas corpus representation of unlawfully detained immigrants.
Rate : $$$$