Karen Kiley Haughton is a litigation associate in the firm’s New York office, with a focus on complex commercial litigation, internal investigations, and white collar defense. She also assists media companies and journalists with First Amendment and media law matters, including open records and defamation laws.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2007
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Advises broadcast news organizations on First Amendment and media law issues.
- Represents a U.S. state in a complex environmental litigation involving claims under state statutory and common law.
- Conducted an internal investigation for the Board of Directors of a major consumer products company in connection with alleged accounting fraud.
- Representation of a former company employee during a joint SEC/DOJ investigation into alleged accounting fraud.
Pro Bono :
- Partnership with the Bronx Defenders to defend clients at arraignments for Desk Appearance Tickets for low-level criminal charges.
- Advise not-for-profit news organizations on open-records requests.
Rate : $$$$