Andrew Barrett Lehman assists clients with negotiating and closing complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, structured equity transactions and management equity arrangements.
In addition to regularly advising clients in connection with conventional and renewable energy transactions, Andy regularly counsels clients in a broad range of industries, including information technology, health care, manufacturing, consumer products, and financial and business services.
He has extensive experience advising private equity groups in the context of change of control transactions, structured equity investments and portfolio company management.
- Counseled a private equity group in its $220 million acquisition of a Brazilian telecom company.
- Represented a public-company acquirer in three separate stock-for-stock mergers involving an aggregate transaction value in excess of $2 billion.
- Assisted in the divestiture of a 49 percent equity interest in a midstream subsidiary by a publicly traded midstream enterprise to an infrastructure fund for aggregate cash consideration of approximately $350 million.
- Advised a financial sponsor in connection with multiple structured equity investments, including in its $750 million preferred equity investment in an acquisition vehicle that was created to acquire oil and gas assets and subsequent recapitalization of the investee company and its $500 million growth investment in a midstream enterprise.
- Represented a financial sponsor in its acquisition by cash merger of a technology services business backed by a consortium of venture capital funds.
- Advised in the merger of two master limited partnerships resulting in a midstream energy business with an enterprise value of approximately $7 billion.
- Counseled a financial sponsor in its approximately $2.5 billion leveraged recapitalization of a hydraulic fracturing company.
- Served as counsel in the sale of a 50 percent equity interest in an oil terminalling company for cash and equity consideration in an aggregate amount in excess of $1 billion.
- Counseled a financial sponsor in a $470 million, preferred equity-financed management buyout of a portfolio company.
- Represented a master limited partnership (MLP) in its $1.5. billion acquisition by cash merger of a mainstream enterprise.
- Assisted with the $837 million acquisition of a midstream logistics business by an MLP for cash and equity considerations.
- Advised in the sale of an exploration and production company for $4.2 billion.
- Represented a private equity group in its $1.7 billion acquisition by a cash merger of a publicly traded consumer products company.
- Assisted in a series of sales of solar enterprises to financial sponsors and overseas investors.
- Counseled in the sale of a solar enterprise to a consortium comprising overseas investors and a financial sponsor.
- Assisted with the $124 million acquisition of an industrial components manufacturer by a holding company formed and controlled by a consortium of private investors.
- Advised a financial sponsor in its minority equity recapitalization of an electronics concern.
- Provided advice on the $635 million sale of a minority equity interest in a refining joint venture.
- Represented a special committee of the board of directors of a publicly traded corporation in its negotiation of an approximately $360 million induced conversion of shares of convertible preferred stock held by two financial sponsors.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law,cum laude, 2005
- M.A., University of Chicago, 2001
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, magna cum laude, 1999
Rate : $$$$