Babak G. Yousefzadeh is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Yousefzadeh represents employers in a full range of employment law matters, with a focus on litigation and class actions. Mr. Yousefzadeh also specializes in litigation avoidance counseling.
His experience includes advising and litigation on matters involving all forms of discrimination, harassment, retaliation issues; breach of contract disputes; wrongful termination claims; wage and hour issues; independent contractor status; workplace investigations; discipline; grievance; workplace violence; Labor Code violations; and other statutory and contractual obligations. He is experienced with single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action proceedings, and practices in both state and federal bodies, in all applicable forums.
Mr. Yousefzadeh is also experienced with defending employers at administrative hearings before the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, and has defended repeated claims against employers successfully, obtaining complete defense rulings. He also has successfully defended employee terminations at arbitration on behalf of unionized employers.
Mr. Yousefzadeh frequently advises clients regarding various labor and employment issues, and assists companies with implementing proactive compliance strategies, gives harassment and discrimination prevention trainings, and drafts employment documents such as employment agreements, employee handbooks, and separation agreements and releases.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2010
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law, 2004, McAuliffe Honor Society, Senior Staff Editor of the USF Law Review, International & Comparative Law Focus with honors
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 2000
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts
- National President of the Iranian American Bar Association, 2014-present
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
Rate : $$$