Bryan C. Graff is a detailed advocate and trial lawyer. He understands clients’ needs and presents informed, practical advice to his clients. Bryan’s litigation and appellate experience is broad, and includes transportation, insurance coverage and regulatory matters, employment, franchise, class action, complex commercial and intellectual property cases, as well as construction defect, landlord/tenant and various other business disputes.
- Georgia State University College of Law
- Member & Legislation Co-Editor, Law Review
- The Colorado College
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Washington (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Ryan Swanson’s Executive Committee (present)
- Chair, Ryan Swanson’s Charitable Giving Committee (2012-2016)
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE – GENERAL COMMERCIAL LITIGATION:
- Represented design and digital agency in complex action involving multiple contract claims arising out of website redesign and development projects.
- Prevailed in arbitration in commission dispute between commercial brokers, following litigation in trial and appellate courts to enforce arbitration provision.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE – INSURANCE LITIGATION:
- Represented insurers, as well as directors and officers, businesses, condominium owners associations and commercial and residential landowners in arbitration and insurance coverage litigation in state and federal courts, including failure to defend, indemnity, bad faith, CPA and Insurance Fair Conduct Act (IFCA) claims arising under Property, Commercial General Liability (CGL), Directors & Officers (D&O) liability, and other policies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE – TRANSPORTATION/EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION:
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of all of plaintiffs’ claims in a multi-plaintiff action alleging retaliation and wrongful termination.
- Defended major railroad against multiple suits alleging retaliation and/or wrongful termination.
- Lead trial lawyer for Class I railroad in eight-day jury trial tried to verdict in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE – FRANCHISE LITIGATION:
- Successfully defended franchisor in federal court action alleging statutory and tort claims, obtaining summary judgment dismissal of all of plaintiff’s claims.
- Successfully defended franchisor in litigation including claims of breach of contract, misrepresentation and violation of the Washington Franchise Investment Protection Act, and involving complex issues of agency law.
Rate : $$$$