Charles H. Cooper has litigated cases in more than 30 states across the country. He has conducted hundreds of depositions and has handled hearings, negotiations, and mediations throughout the United States.
The recipient of mock-trial awards in law school, Charles has first-chair jury trial and bench trial experience in both state and federal court as well as arbitration experience.
He represents clients in various types of litigation, including matters concerning alleged product-liability defects, premises and commercial disputes, copyright infringement, pharmaceutical matters, asbestos injury, insurance subrogation, and truck and auto accidents involving serious injury or death.
Charles often handles lawsuits involving fires, fire suppression systems, construction disputes, alarm systems, CPVC products, metallurgical failures, electrical cable products, and valve systems.
Charles has developed client strategies in the areas of punitive damages and e-discovery. He is part of a team of lawyers that developed alternative billing arrangements featured in the March 14, 2012, issue of ABA Journal.
Charles is committed to serving the community. He has represented clients in civil-rights matters, as well as adoption, guardianship and other family-law matters.
- Jury trial in Seattle, Washington, involving an alleged failure in a fire protection system product.
- Arbitration in matter concerning flood damage in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina.
- Arbitration in Maricopa County, Arizona, involving property damage.
- Arbitration in matter concerning a fire protection system in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Summary judgment in Lake County, Illinois, in matter involving an explosion that severely burned an individual and caused extensive property damage and alleged business interruption loss (alleged damages were $65 million).
- Jury trials in civil rights cases in the Western District of Missouri.
- Partial jury trial in Livingston, Louisiana, in case involving allegations of wrongful death from heating equipment.
- Summary judgment on all claims due to spoliation of evidence in Scott County, Minnesota.
- Summary judgment on all tort claims (economic loss doctrine issue) in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Summary judgment on RICO claims in Harris County, Texas.
- J.D., with honors, University of Tulsa College of Law, 2001
- B.S., University of Houston, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Lenexa United Methodist Church, Board of Directors
- Chair, Board of Directors (2019)
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Kansas City, Board Chair
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, NeighborWorks®, Founding Member
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$