Charles “Chark” A. Sinsel concentrates his practice in the areas of health care, corporate law, business transactions, and contracting. Mr. Sinsel represents health care entities, including hospitals, nursing homes, behavioral health providers, medical and dental practices, in a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, corporate restructuring, leasing, employment, recruitment, income guarantees, independent contractor (services) arrangements and group purchasing arrangements. Mr. Sinsel serves as leader of the Firm’s Health Care Team.
- Reviews arrangements for compliance with state and federal health care laws and regulations, including the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, the HITECH Act, EMTALA, licensure, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, and certificate of need (CON)
- Advises hospital administrators, boards and medical staffs on Medicare and Medicaid compliance issues
- Represents health care providers in Medicare and Medicaid payment, overpayment refund and compliance disputes
- Represented nursing home chains with certificate of need approval process and in construction of new facility and subsequent licensure and Medicare and Medicaid enrollment
- Represents providers in claims by beneficiaries under Medicaid waiver program for non-compliance
- J.D. Willamette University
- M.A. West Virginia University
- B.A. West Virginia University
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Past Co-chair, Law & Medicine Committee, West Virginia State Bar
- Presidential Citation, Oregon Medical Association, 2007
- Volunteer of the Year, Oregon State Bar New Lawyer’s Division, 2001
- Past Member, Health Committee, Harrison County Chamber of Commerce
- Graduate, Leadership Harrison 2009
- Board of Directors, Health Access, Inc.
- Member, The Daywood Foundation, Inc.
Rate : $$$