Charley F. Brown leads the Electrical, Software and Business Methods team in the firm’s Patent Group and is a member of the IP Litigation Team. Charley is a registered patent attorney with substantial experience in patent prosecution and litigation.
His practice encompasses patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret litigation; patent prosecution; client counseling; and opinion work. He provides ongoing support for his clients’ IP portfolio development, including prosecution, maintenance, analysis, diligence, and enforcement.
His representative technologies include bioinformatics, business intelligence platforms, computer science, cable and internet technologies, data analytics tools, human antibody technologies, software and hardware, and telecommunications. Charley is also a member of Ballard Spahr’s Retail Group and leads the Group’s Digital Retail Team.
Charley’s graduate research focused on genome and proteome annotation techniques, sequence analysis, structure prediction, genome assembly improvement, and microarray data analysis.
Professional Activities :
- Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Ballard Spahr’s Pro Bono Committee
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Board Member
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law (J.D. 2002)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (M.S., Bioinformatics, 2004)
- Mercer University (B.B.A., Computer Information Systems, 1999)
ADMISSIONS : Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$