Chris Amantea focuses on environmental, transactional, and judicial proceedings, as well as product liability claims action and other complex litigation. Chris has successfully represented clients in matters involving hazardous substances, air and water quality, land use, toxic torts and other environmental matters, including state and federal Superfund liability; National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting and compliance issues; California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act (Proposition 65); and hazardous waste regulatory issues.
Chris’s trial experience includes matters in both state and federal courts. He has argued several cases before the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit including a case argued before an en banc panel of the court. He also has experience resolving environmental matters through mediation and arbitration proceedings, and working with various state and local environmental agencies.
- Board of Director, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Board of Director, Disability Rights Legal Center
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Litigation and Environment, Energy and Resources Sections, American Bar Association
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1989
- B.S., University of California, Davis, 1977
Rate : $$$