Christian Schuetz is an associate in the Firm’s Nashville office, where he focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and finance and economic development. Christian is also a member of the Firm’s Global Business Group. As a native German with a German law degree, Christian has particular experience serving the needs of German clients investing in the United States and U.S. clients conducting business in Germany and the European Union.
Mr. Schuetz has experience with complex commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States, including acquisitions and dispositions, greenfield and brownfield development, financing, construction and leasing of investment grade properties, manufacturing plants, apartment and land investments, economic incentive transactions, and zoning and land use law. Additionally, he assists with anti-corruption investigations and compliance, as well as CFIUS filings and export and sanction compliance research.
As a member of the Firm’s Global Business Group, Christian assists and advises German and other international public and private entities and individuals in areas including cross-border transactions, foreign direct investment, international trade and market entry, commercial and corporate law, acquisition of businesses, and entity formation.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, LL.M., 2007
- District Court Bonn, German Second State Board Examination (Zweites juristisches Staatsexamen), 2004
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms University, German First State Board Examination (Erstes juristisches Staatsexamen), 2001
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2008
- Assisted publicly traded medical property real estate investment trust (REIT) with their acquisition, development, and lease activities.
- Representation of multi-family developers in Tennessee with project acquisition, disposition, and development.
- Assisted in the development and financing of a more than 500,000 square feet Class A+ office tower and a 22-story apartment, hotel, and retail tower.
- Assisted in the imposition of conservation easements in Tennessee.
- Assisted in the negotiation, financing, acquisition, and development of greenfield and brownfield projects with clients in the manufacturing, automotive, and appliances industries in Alabama, Arkansas, and Tennessee.
- Assisted a publicly traded company in New Jersey with the purchase upon completion transaction and negotiated leases for their retail stores.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – Nashville Bar Association
- Member – German American Lawyers’ Association
- Member – German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States, Tennessee Chapter
Rate : $$$