Christina Wong is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s San Francisco office. Prior to joining the Firm, Christina clerked with several government agencies, including the California Attorney General’s Office, where she argued before the Court of Appeal with a favorable decision published in California case law.
Christina focuses on complex business litigation and white-collar defense. She represents domestic and multinational corporations involved in complex commercial litigation, corporate internal investigations and white-collar matters. Her experience includes class action defense, breach of contract, product liability and fraud disputes.
Christina’s experience in white-collar defense involves investigations arising out of alleged violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act, securities laws, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- University of San Diego School of Law (JD cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2012)
- University of California at Riverside (BA Psychology, Law and Society) (2005)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2013)
- California~United States (2013)
Corporate Responsibility : Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Antitrust Sections, Cartel & Criminal Practice Subgroup
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association, Greater Bay Area
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Chair of the Barristers Club International Practice Section
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Defended a major Taiwanese electronics manufacturer and its US subsidiaries in putative nationwide class action filed in the Northern District of California alleging violations of various California consumer laws.
- Represented a major US airline in two putative class actions consolidated in the Northern District of California alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003. Obtained an early favorable settlement for client.
- Assisted in an internal compliance investigation for a publicly traded, multinational corporation involving whistleblower allegations of FCPA violations in Chile and other jurisdictions.
- Assisted in an internal due diligence investigation for a US-based paper and packaging manufacturer involving potential FCPA violations in Mexico.
- Successfully represented an executive of a publicly traded packaged food company during investigations by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.
Rate : $$$