Christopher Erik Centrich advises energy companies on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, private equity financings, corporate finance transactions, securities law compliance and other general corporate matters.
For several years, Chris has served as corporate outside counsel to a midstream master limited partnership, and several publicly traded upstream and oilfield services companies, guiding these clients through a series of transactions and helping them achieve their business goals.
- Trusted corporate outside counsel to clients in the upstream, midstream and oilfield services sectors.
- Practice focuses on corporate and securities matters.
- Advised SAExploration in its acquisition of significant complementary assets from a seismic company in liquidation proceedings and related financing transactions. The matter involved bankruptcy proceedings and an accelerated timeline, all of which required coordination among the restructuring, acquisition and finance teams. Successfully acquiring the assets provided the company significant with expansion opportunities.
- Served as counsel to Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Enterprise Products Partners L.P.’s offshore pipeline and services business, significantly expanding Genesis’ offshore presence. The deal included related public offerings of $750 million in senior notes and approximately $394 million of common units.
- Advised Genesis Energy, L.P. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Tronox Ltd.’s alkali business, the world’s largest producer of natural soda ash. Also advised on related $750 million preferred unit financing with investment vehicles affiliated with KKR Global Infrastructure Investors II and GSO Capital Partners, as well as a public offering of $550 million of senior notes.
- Assisted Oragami Capital in a cross-border recapitalization and financing transaction with Trident Exploration Corp. pursuant to a Plan of Arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act. The restructuring was successfully completed, with Oragami as the majority stockholder. Oragami also achieved significant board representation in post-reorganized Trident.
- Advised SAExploration, a global seismic services company, in restructuring the company’s balance sheet, converting debt to equity, refinancing debt with longer-term debt, and issuing new debt for operations and acquisitions. As a result of the recapitalization transaction, the company was able to convert a significant portion of debt to equity, extend debt maturities on its revolving and secured debt and arrange for additional liquidity.
- Director, Corporate Counsel Section, Houston Bar Association.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 2010
- B.B.A., University of Miami, cum laude, 2005
Rate : $$$