Christopher Chamness concentrates on financial services. Chris has experience with state licensing and usury issues, and state-law disclosure requirements for closed-end credit products.
He has advised on a broad range of regulatory and transactional matters, including state and federal consumer finance protection laws and business lending compliance issues.
He also has advised clients on alternative business finance products, including merchant cash advance. Chris also has experience with consumer privacy and fair lending rules and regulations.
- Associate, Hudson Cook, LLP, Hanover, Md., 2013-2016
- Summer Associate, Hudson Cook, LLP, Washington, D.C., 2012
- Legal Intern, White & Case, Frankfurt, Germany, 2011
- Private Client Associate, Bernstein Global Wealth Management, Seattle, 2007-2010
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-editor, Consumer Financial Services Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association, 2018
- Young Lawyer Liaison, Publications & Communications Subcommittee, Consumer Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association, 2016-present
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2013
- Associate Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- B.A., Politics, Whitman College, 2007, with honors
- Senator on Finance Committee
- National Parliamentary Tournament of Excellence
Rate : $$$$