Christopher P. Schueller focuses his practice on aspects of insolvency work, including out-of-court restructurings, bankruptcy motions, bankruptcy litigation, debtor-in-possession financing, the acquisition of assets of bankrupt or distressed entities, cross-border insolvencies and the negotiation of bankruptcy terms for new loans and intercreditor agreements.
Chris’ clients include banks, opportunity funds, REMICS, special servicers, agricultural lenders and corporations. He has appeared in bankruptcy courts across the country including New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, Florida, Tennessee, Michigan and Massachusetts.
Chris represents creditors in state court foreclosure and replevin actions. He represents creditors on all sizes of credits, including multimillion-dollar syndicated loans. He also handles lender liability and other commercial litigation.
Some of Chris’ recent representations include:
- Represented a national bank in the bankruptcy of an automotive supplier in the Western District of Pennsylvania. Handled debtor-in-possession financing and an asset sale.
- Represented an asset-based lender in the cross-border bankruptcy case of a Canadian toy manufacturer.
- Represented a national bank in a $22.5 million fraudulent conveyance action in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a large national accounting firm in a $300 million class action lawsuit in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- State Court Litigation
- Represented a mezzanine lender in litigation over an exit fee.
- Represented a special servicer in the foreclosure of an office building in downtown Pittsburgh.
- Represented a special servicer in the foreclosure of a hotel chain with hotels in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York and New Jersey.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1993
- Rice University, B.A., 1990
- West Virginia
- New York
- Director and Secretary, Turnaround Management Association
Rate : $$$