Colin Murray is the North American Chief Executive Officer.A seasoned trial lawyer who represents global and local clients in complex, fact-intensive business disputes, Colin has tried over 50 cases through final jury verdict, as well as a substantial number of bench trials and private domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
He is a former prosecutor who regularly conducted internal investigations on behalf of special committees, and has defended SEC and state agency enforcement actions on behalf of companies and individuals. He also has significant appellate experience, having briefed and argued in the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Colin served as a Deputy District Attorney in San Diego (1993-2000), and as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Oliver Gasch (United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 1992-1993) and the Honorable Frederick Weisberg (Superior Court of the District of Columbia, 1991-1992).
Colin’s business litigation and arbitration practice focuses on cross-border disputes in California. He regularly acts for clients on matters involving commercial contract breaches, warranty breaches, misrepresentation and fraud, unlawful and unfair business practices, consumer class actions, non-competition and other restrictive covenants, trade secret theft, copyright and trademark infringement, False Claims Act litigation, securities litigation and complex employment contract litigation.
Colin’s internal investigation and white collar defense experience includes complex cybercrimes, procurement fraud, healthcare fraud, securities fraud, election fraud, bank fraud, environmental crimes and corruption. He recently co-led the investigation into one of the largest cyberattacks in United States history committed by sophisticated overseas intruders.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (1991)
- Georgetown University (A.B.) (1988)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2003)
- California~United States (1992)
- Served as a director for the Casa Cornelia Law Center, which provides representation to the poor in immigration cases.
- Served as a director of the San Diego County Bar Foundation, which funds legal programs for homeless, senior citizens, abused children, domestic violence, and other worthy causes.
- Served as president of the San Diego County Bar Foundation from 2006 through 2008. Provided pro bono legal counseling and representation to the Chadwick Center for Children and Families at Rady Children’s Hospital of San Diego.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Federal Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- American Inns of Court
Rate : $$$