David J. Hanus focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and class actions, with an emphasis on construction litigation; consumer financial services including TCPA and FDCPA class actions; employment litigation; fidelity and employee theft; ERISA and life, health, and disability; product liability and professional liability. He also regularly serves as a mediator and arbitrator in construction disputes before the Milwaukee Metropolitan Builders Association.
In the area of professional liability, his experience includes architectural and engineering malpractice, legal malpractice and accounting malpractice.
Mr. Hanus joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 2001. He is a member of the Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin, which he has served as amicus counsel before the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Mr. Hanus was the subject of a profile in Milwaukee’s The Daily Reporter, on July 26, 2010, entitled “Focusing on Philosophy of Law Pays Off.”
Professional Affiliations :
- Defense Research Institute
- Construction Arbitration Board, ACA International
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Wisconsin Super Lawyers magazine, 2007
- J.D., Drake University, 1996
- B.A., Marquette University, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit,Seventh Circuit,
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$