David R. Boyd is regularly involved in complex, high-stakes disputes. Dave’s diverse litigation practice has included representation of some of the country’s largest companies both at trial and on appeal in cases about energy, the environment, intellectual property, insurance, employment, engineering, shareholder rights, certificates of need, excessive punitive damages, and many other subjects.
His long experience in the state’s capital city has also positioned him well to assist clients in dealing with state agencies and officials. Complementing his law practice, Dave has a career-long record of service to the legal profession for which he has been recognized on numerous occasions.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1976
- The University of Alabama, B.A., 1973
Bar Admissions : Alabama, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1977
Clerkships : U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, Honorable Sam C. Pointer, Jr.
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Foundation Fellows
- Alabama Law Foundation, Former President
- National Conference of Bar Examiners, Former Chair
- Alabama Board of Bar Examiners, Former Chair
- Board of Bar Commissioners, Former Member
Rate : $$$