David Clark Scott is partner of Schiff Hardin LLP. A skilled and experienced civil litigator, David C. Scott has won judgments and jury verdicts in complex, high-stakes cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country.
David works with each client to meet specific business and legal objectives, whether by aggressively pursuing early disposition of litigation through motion practice, creatively leveraging and shaping settlement opportunities, or efficiently and effectively litigating a case from the pleadings all the way through appeal.
David’s areas of primary concentration include class actions, commercial disputes, regulatory enforcement actions, insurance and medical bill review, business torts, and shareholder derivative actions.
He has litigated cases in trial courts in Illinois, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington, among other jurisdictions.
David has briefed appeals in the Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Seventh, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits, as well as Illinois appellate courts, and argued before the Eleventh Circuit. He has also arbitrated disputes under the American Arbitration Association’s Procedures for Large, Complex Commercial Disputes and International Dispute Resolution Procedures.
David also serves as one of the firm’s E-Discovery partners, assisting clients and colleagues with e-discovery issues and projects, training associates and staff on e-discovery best practices, and tracking the latest developments in e-discovery law.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2003
- Miami University, B.A., 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Illinois State Bar Association
Rate : $$$