Denise Filauro is attorney of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Denise Filauro’s practice focuses on domestic and international corporate and financial transactions, with particular emphasis on financings and restructurings in Latin America.
Denise joined the firm in 2004. From 2004 to 2006, she was resident in the Milan office as a trainee. She moved to the New York office in 2007 and became a senior attorney in 2017. Denise is the Managing Editor of Cleary’s Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal.
Restructuring and Finance
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority in the restructuring of its over $8 billion financial indebtedness.
- Corporación GEO, S.A.B. de C.V., in the restructuring of its over $1.5 billion financial indebtedness through a pre-packaged concurso mercantil proceeding, which the International Finance Law Review named its “Restructuring Deal of the Year” in 2016.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua S.A.B. de C.V. in sale of its 49 percent interest in Bolivia’s largest cement company.
- Grupo Bimbo S.A.B. de C.V., in its purchase of several packages of assets out of the Hostess Brands Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Bank of America in the divestiture of its prime brokerage business to BNP Paribas (enterprise value of $10 billion).
- Series of underwriters in multiple back-to-back aggregate over $1 billion senior notes issuances by Banco Continental, Peru’s second-largest bank.
- BBVA Bancomer in series of aggregate over $3 billion Tier 1 and Tier 2 notes offerings.
- Citigroup as lead underwriter in $1.25 billion senior secured notes and €350 million senior secured notes offerings by CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M., 2007
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, J.D., 2003
- New York
Rate : $$$$