Diane G. DeWolf focuses her practice on handling complex civil and administrative appeals and is board certified by The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice. Diane has presented oral arguments in the Florida Supreme Court, Florida’s district courts of appeal, and the Federal 11th Circuit and Northern District courts.
Diane previously served as Deputy Solicitor General in the Office of the Attorney General, where she represented the State of Florida in civil appeals of statewide impact involving constitutional issues and statutory construction.
Diane was also awarded a Fellowship with the National Association of Attorneys’ General United States Supreme Court Project in Washington, D.C., during which she had the unique opportunity for intense hands-on exposure to United States Supreme Court practice.
She subsequently served as counsel of record in the United States Supreme Court representing the State of Florida as amicus curiae in a Fourth Amendment challenge to traffic stops for driving while impaired based on another driver’s anonymous tip.
Prior to her tenure as a Deputy Solicitor General, Diane served as a staff attorney for The Honorable Ricky Polston at both the Florida Supreme Court and the First District Court of Appeal.
Clerking at the state’s highest and intermediate appellate courts exposed Diane to a wide range of appellate issues, enabled her to review hundreds of briefs, and allowed her to participate in countless appeals. That experience provided her with keen insight into the variety of issues for which she has subsequently represented clients on appeal.
Some of those issues include constitutional and statutory challenges, Florida and Federal HIPAA waiver requirements, slot machine gambling, bar game entertainment, disputes involving the Department of Revenue, insurance bad faith and coverage issues, fraud, Florida’s adoption statutes, premises liability defense, and invoking Supreme Court jurisdiction.
Diane currently serves as a member of the Florida Bar’s Rules of Appellate Procedure Committee, which proposes the appellate rules for the state courts of Florida. Before attending law school, Diane was a business owner in the luxury beauty industry for over 15 years.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2008, cum laude, Florida State Law Review Member;Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law Editor-In-Chief; Jessup Moot Court Team Member
- B.A., Stetson University, 2004, Honors in Political Science
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional Experience :
- Deputy Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Ricky Polston
- Intern/Lobbyist with the Florida Association of Health Plans
- Intern to Justice Bell of the Florida Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar Appellate Court Rules Committee
- The Florida Bar Grievance Committee 2017-2020
- The Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section, Executive Counsel Member
- First District Appellate Inn of Court, Barrister 2012-present; Treasurer 2015-present
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers, Judicial Reception Development Chair 2014-2015; CLE Director 2015-2016; Programs Director 2017-2018
- Capital Tiger Bay Club
Rate : $$$$