Dionysia L. Johnson-Massie is a litigator who focuses her practice on federal employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wage-hour litigation and strategic compliance issues, including diversity and inclusion strategies and matters arising under:
- Title VII and Section 1981
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
Dionysia uses a combination of legal skills and business acumen to offer her clients creative and cost-effective strategies that minimize exposure to a myriad of legal risks. She regularly provides advice and counsel on the practical and legal implications of everyday employment decisions. She also has extensive experience investigating potential legal issues and developing appropriate legal and compliance strategies for companies.
Through mediations, arbitrations, trials or summary judgment motions, she effectively resolves difficult and complex “bet the company” matters. She also has unique expertise handling religious accommodation matters for employers in a variety of industries and promotion and tenure issues for educational institutions.
A dynamic presenter on employment law topics, Dionysia has conducted numerous training sessions for clients and presented to business associations and organizations, including the Atlanta and American Bar Associations, Corporate Counsel Association, Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Corporate Counsel Women of Color, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), National Association of African Americans in Human Resource professionals and other legal and human resources organizations throughout the country.
She has authored a number of articles and papers and has been quoted in national and local publications regarding employment law issues. In addition to serving on Littler’s Board of Directors, Dionysia is co-chairperson of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Council and of the Women’s Leadership Team.
She is a member of the firm’s National Recruitment and Governance committees and formerly served as the hiring shareholder for the Atlanta office. Previously, Dionysia worked with another labor and employment boutique in Atlanta and also served as a general counsel for another entity.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1993
- B.A./B.A., Yale University, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Columnist, Legal Smarts, Atlanta Tribune, The Magazine
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Legal Diversity Consortium
- Chart Your Own Course Foundation
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Nordstrom’s Scholarship Board, Southeast Region
Rate : $$$