Brooke M. Gaffney is an associate attorney in the Insurance Defense practice group at Smith Bigman Brock. She graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Ms. Gaffney graduated from Barry University School of Law, Magna Cum Laude, earning her Juris Doctorate in 2014.
During law school Ms. Gaffney was a Law Review Associate Editor; served on the Editorial Board as a Note and Comment Editor; and authored, Amendments to Federal Removal Statute: Curtailing Adjudication of Diversity Cases or Bad Faith Causes of Action?, published in the Spring 2014 Journal which was selected as Barry University’s 2014 entry for the Scribes Law Review Award and Burton Award for Excellence in Student legal Writing.
Ms. Gaffney earned highest grade awards for Torts, Legal Writing and Research I, Contracts, Legal Writing and Research II, Insurance Law, Florida Constitutional Law, Motions and Depositions, Florida Evidence, and Remedies.
Prior to and while pursuing her undergraduate degrees, as well as throughout the majority of her time in law school, Ms. Gaffney worked in the legal field. In fact, one of her first positions was as billing clerk for Smith Bigman Brock in 1999. During the course of her employment with our Firm, Ms. Gaffney was promoted from billing clerk to legal secretary, paralegal and, during law school she continued her employment with the firm as a law clerk.
There were periods in time when, due to relocation, Ms. Gaffney worked as a paralegal for law firms in both Texas and Colorado. While she is admittedly a recent graduate of law school with admirable academic achievements, Ms. Gaffney has in excess of twelve years experience working as a litigation paralegal in the practice areas Insurance Defense, Medical Malpractice Defense, Nursing Home Defense, and Personal Injury.
Her years of practical, hands-on experience, combined with her excellent academic achievements and long sustained professional relationship with our Firm exude the very commitment to excellence that we strive for every day, with every client and in every matter at Smith Bigman Brock.
- Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida, Juris Doctor – 2014
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2010
- Daytona State College, Daytona Beach, Florida, Associates of Arts – 2005
- Daytona State College, Daytona Beach, Florida, Associate of Science – 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 – Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2014 – Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member, 2014 – Present
Rate : $$$