Dorian Kennedy, shareholder in the Atlanta office, concentrates his practice in the areas of patent, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition, and copyright law and related litigation including the protection and management of intellectual property asset portfolios of domestic and international corporations.
Mr. Kennedy has practiced intellectual property law since 1990 and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Kennedy has more than 25 years of experience in U.S. and foreign mechanical and computer software patent and trademark prosecution, litigation, licensing and infringement and patent validity opinions.
Mr. Kennedy’s patent experience includes the preparation and prosecution of patent applications directed to computer software, toy water guns, toy air guns, industrial refrigerator hinges and locks, fuel cells, thin film batteries, ceiling fans, air purifiers, humidifiers, thermostats, surgical equipment, medical apparel, automotive parts, hunting and fishing products, outdoor grills and medical devices.
Mr. Kennedy handles cases for individuals and corporations as both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Kennedy advises clients on how to protect and maximize the monetization of their intellectual property. Mr. Kennedy is also a trained mediator providing confidential dispute resolution of grievances between parties.
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Georgia, B.S., 1986
- Georgia, 1990
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1990
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1990
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2004
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Represented large ceiling fan manufacturer in several patent and trademark infringement litigation matters throughout the United States.
- Represented laser bore sight manufacturer in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended restaurant against trademark infringement claims including instituting cancellation proceedings at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Represented large bulk bag liner manufacturer in several patent infringement litigations, resulting in a dismissal of the lawsuit by the court.
- Represented medical bed manufacturer in patent infringement litigation.
- Other Recent Matters
- Patent litigation and prosecution counsel to the leading international ceiling fan manufacturer, including protecting such against infringement in the U.S. District Court.
- Patent prosecution counsel to thin film battery manufacturer.
- Patent prosecution counsel to leading toy development company.
- Intellectual property litigation and prosecution counsel to international refrigerator component manufacturer.
- Trademark litigation and prosecution counsel to international medical garment manufacturer.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Georgia Bar Association
- Member – United States Patent Bar
- Member – American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property
- Trained Mediator
Rate : $$$$