Eric A. Cunningham draws upon his extensive complex litigation skills and aerospace law acumen in representing clients across the aerospace industry. He has vast experience litigating myriad aviation matters, from cases arising out of domestic and foreign aerospace disasters, to general aviation crashes, to business and insurance disputes involving participants in the aerospace industry.
The breadth of Eric’s aerospace work includes his representation of product/component manufacturers, maintenance facilities, airlines, pilots, airports and insurers. In addition to his accident-related defense work, Eric also handles commercial disputes, including in aviation and insurance, together with a general practice serving various industries.
Eric’s background as an aircraft owner and pilot enhances his ability to address technical details with experts, yet simplify the issues for explanation and adjudication.
Representative Experience :
- Defending component manufacturer in first ever case arising from fly-by-wire developmental helicopter crash involving fatalities
- Prevailed on dispositive motion defending wrongful death case alleging negligence of airborne law enforcement unit
- Obtained dismissals without payment for maintenance facility alleged to have caused major hull loss, and for avionics manufacturer in a number of cases across the USA
- Secured summary judgment at trial court level, affirmed on appeal, in major aviation coverage litigation
- Negotiated settlement providing more money on airport client’s counterclaim than on plaintiff’s claim
- Obtained de minimis settlement for component manufacturer in high-exposure wrongful death airplane crash case
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Air and Space Law Forum
- Member, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
- Member, Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Member, Experimental Aircraft Association
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1989
Admissions : Illinois; Missouri
Rate : $$$