Errol King is a member of the Health Care Litigation Group in the Firm’s Baton Rouge office. Errol King focuses his practice primarily in the representation of managed care organizations, having been appointed in 1996 by Louisiana’s Insurance Commissioner to serve as general counsel and an initial member of the Louisiana Managed Health Care Advisory Board.
Mr. King currently serves as general counsel for the American Association of Plans, Administrators and Networks (AAPAN), as well as the American Association of Preferred Provider Organizations (AAPPO) and the Third Party Administrators Association of America (TPAAA).
Mr. King works with managed care clients in the areas of health care litigation, state and federal regulatory issues, benefit coverage issues, health care reform, and risk management, including defending ERISA cases. He has extensive experience in representing clients before state and federal regulatory agencies as well as defending managed care plans in litigation.
He has lectured extensively on a wide range of health care topics, including managed care; Medicare-Medicaid and managed care; fundamentals of integrated delivery systems and health care mandates.
He has lectured before the Managed Care Congress, the American Health Lawyers Association’s Managed Care Law Institute, the Louisiana Hospital Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Mr. King was selected by the Baton Rouge Business Report as a member of its “40 Under 40” leadership list in 1997. He served as vice chair of the HMOs and Health Plans Substantive Law Committee of the American Health Lawyer’s Association from 1999 to 2002.
In addition, he has been a member of the Federation of Regulatory Counsel, Inc. (FORC) since 2003 and has taught a law office practice course at the Louisiana State University Law Center. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Health Care Law continuously since 1995.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 1986
- Nicholls State University, B.S., 1982
- Louisiana, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- Represented health plan in two stock offerings, prospectus, and an offering by subsidiary in reorganzation.
- Has successfully defended managed care clients in multiple class action litigations involving violation of state PPO Acts.
- Has defended managed care clients in disputes with in-network providers over contract issues including client access.
- Has defended managed care clients in lawsuits involving claims of anti-trust and unfair trade practices.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana Super Lawyers (2007 – 2008, 2011 – 2018)
- Member – American Association of Health Plans (1998 – present)
- Member– Federation of Regulatory Counsel (2003 – present)
- Member – Baton Rouge Bar Association (1986 – present)
- Member – Texas Association of Health Plans (2009 – present)
- Member – Louisiana Business Group on Health CEO Leadership Round Table (2009 – present)
Community and Other Activities:
- Member – The Primary Place, Board of Directors
- Member – Women’s Hospital Annual Fundraiser Tennis Committee
- Chairman – United Way of America, Individual Attorney Division Campaign
- Member – Women In Need Gain Support, Inc. (W.I.N.G.S.), Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$