Felicia C. Albano represents corporate and individual clients in criminal and civil investigations regarding allegations of fraud and corruption. Ms. Albano also has experience representing clients at all stages of civil litigation, from case inception through trial and appeal.
She has represented clients in enforcement matters concerning the False Claims Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, environmental statutes, and other federal fraud and corruption statutes. Ms. Albano has also defended clients in a variety of complex securities fraud investigations and enforcement actions.
Ms. Albano has particular experience representing individual clients in government interviews, preparing for and conducting witness interviews, and managing complex document productions and e-Discovery projects.
Representative Matters :
- Representing Fortune 500 defense contractor in Department of Justice investigation relating to alleged kickbacks.
- Representing aerospace and defense contractor in Department of Justice investigation concerning alleged violations of the False Claims Act.
- Successfully represented CEO of publicly held company in parallel civil and criminal investigations regarding suspected violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Successfully represented individual in government investigation regarding suspected violations of MARPOL and the obstruction of justice statutes.
- Successfully represented individual in government investigation concerning alleged violations of conflict of interest statutes.
- Represented individuals in government investigation regarding suspected violations of MARPOL and the Clean Water Act.
Pro Bono :
- Second-chaired felony jury trial in Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Represented low-income workers in an unpaid wages action against an employer, which resulted in settlement and recovery of unpaid overtime compensation.
- Represented individual clients in class-action lawsuit challenging the Social Security Administration’s and Treasury Department’s debt collection practices.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- ABA Criminal Litigation Committee, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Chair
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs, Associate Trustee
Previous Experience :
- United States Attorney’s Office, Homicide Section, Intern
- Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project, Extern
Rate : $$$